Sunday, January 6, 2013

Small stone, Sunday 6th January.

Georgia is awake! I hear her stirring in her bed by the window. The sharp squeal of a yawn as she stretches. She walks over to our beds, sees me looking at her. Cushion is still fast asleep. An opportunity! I pat the bottom of my bed lightly with my hand. "Come on, Georgia. Let's cuddle," I whisper. Pat, pat, pat, I invite her. "Yes! Come on, Georgia! Up!" My dog stares at me, who is this idiot? Then walks up to Cushion's bed and smacks it once with her paw. Thump. Wake up human. I choose you. I pat my bed some more. A little harder. Pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat! PAT! "Georgia! Over here! Come on, sweetie," I say, a little louder. I hope I don't sound too ingratiating. But she doesn't even turn around and instead, puts her head on Cushion's bed, and stares devotedly at his sleeping face. It makes me want to barf.




To find out more about Small Stones and the 30 day mindful writing challenge, CLICK HERE.

14 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, this is wonderful - I don't even want to hear about you stopping the stones. Aren't they fun to write? I'm here with a burning face, and you see what drivel I've posted. Stand proud. We're being mindful. We're having fun. We're WRITERS! ( or writers, it doesn't matter) See you tomorrow if my face doesn't fall off in the meantime! PS Hope Georgia keeps in mind who fills her meal dish (or is it Cushion...).

georgia little pea said...

It's too much fun! Love how easy it is too, compared to my usual posts.

That's me! That's me! I'm the one who feeds her! And cooks all her meals too :D

Jean said...

Oh Georgia, you fickle friend - how can you ignore an invitation to cuddle with the hand/body that feeds you?

Kolchak Puggle said...

Don't you just hate it when they act like little shits? Felix does that to me all the time and spurns my affections for the Daddy. AWFUL. Georgia, you should be ashamed!

georgia little pea said...

Little shits! Great choice of words! LOL.

Berts Blog said...

I thouroughly enjoyed the post and ame excited to watch many of you do the 30 day challenge, but I gotta add that I think the comments are pretty funny today too.

bert

verobirdie said...

LOL. What a selfish little rat she is.
But we love you, Typist.

William the Lurcher said...

Well done Georgia...I do this to my mum too, it drives her nuts :)

booahboo said...

stares devotedly at his sleeping face... LOL! that is priceless :D even though you fill her meal dish... you forget... girl doggie loves MEN (devoted - PERIOD!).. male dogs loves WOMEN :D

What Remains Now said...

I love your small stone posts. I know I've told you before, but I will tell you again...you are a very talented writer. You have a very strong and complex voice and writing style, but there is a wonderful lightness and the feeling of a good heart behind it. I'm a fan, but I think you already know that.

georgia little pea said...

My goodness, LORI. You're making me blush. Thank you X

Tootsie said...

Thank you for the small stones information. Turns out, Mom had read that information before. She's a dork.

I like your socks, Ms. Georgia. Very fetching.

Love,
Tootsie
P.s. Has your Typist listened to Alison Kraus and Robert Plant's album "Raising Sand"? Maybe you should pack that for your next road trip. My dork mom thinks you would like it.

H and Flo said...

Thank goodness they can't talk. Can you imagine the scars they could leave?? Sometimes I'll snuggle down on the floor next to Flo's bed to give her a scratch and she'll just get up and walk over to another part of the floor, taking her space with her!
H
ps STILL catching up.

georgia little pea said...

H, I'm already scarred.

You're doing really well catching up! Sorry January was a 30 day challenge LOL :D