Friday, January 4, 2013

4th of January, 9.15am.

One of you once mentioned eating a coffee flavoured Greek yogurt. Was it you, Ms C? I loved the sound of that! Guess what I'm having right now, with macadamia nut pieces on top? Very nice. Homeward bound now. We just left Port Macquarie and are on the Pacific highway. Barring more roadwork and holiday traffic, we should be about 4 hours away from our little neighbourhood. We stayed at a dog friendly motel last night. First time ever for all of us. It was an interesting experience. I think there were dogs in almost every one of the 20 rooms. Georgia was puzzled and couldn't get her head around the idea that there were dogs on both sides of us. A scrappy black puppy on the right, a sharpei and labrador cattle dog X on the left. Exciting smells everywhere. I'd been told the town was a lovely place. I didn't find it so. The people are much the same as in Sydney. No more smiles. No unnecessary conversation. Ahhh well. It was good while it lasted.


11 comments:

Jan said...

We've really enjoyed your vacation trip.

Barb said...

Home again home again jiggety- jig!

Jean said...

That was me with the coffee-flavoured Greek yogurt - one of my favourite treats!
On the news last night we watched a gigantic yellow rubber ducky that is floating in Sidney's harbour. I wonder what Georgia will think of that!

houndstooth said...

We've enjoyed being on vacation vicariously through you!

Bunny and her mom

georgia little pea said...

It was you, JEAN! You were my other guess. That was so delicious, even Cushion had one all to himself. Wonder if I can make it myself by swirling some coffee liquid or powder throught the yogurt. Ever tried it? Giant rubber ducky eh. We shall keep a lookout for it :)

koko said...

A sharpei! Did you send my regards to my long lost cousin?

Btw, have been following your road trip adventures daily :)

Licks, hero

Rose ~ from Oz said...

I've loved your trip too! Gosh with the way the Dept of Health is these days....I'm amazed that there's still such a thing as a dog-friendly motel!! You must tell where it was, by email if you can't on a public blog? Hahaha I can just imagine little Pea trying to figure it all out. Ah the life experiences she has had this trip. Feet ok?

Jean said...

Well, gee, now I had to go try making some. I only had espresso instant, and it was too bitter with the plain greek yogurt. So I added a bit of coffee liqueur - now THAT's better (but not as good as the store-bought coffee flavoured greek yogurt. I shall have to continue experimenting.
Maybe if I use vanilla yogurt and regular instant coffee.

georgia little pea said...

ROSE, I tried to take a picture of the Maitland exit so I could do a g'day specially to you! but I missed them both! Feet much better thanks. We've been going out early or late and lots of pawpaw and socks. What a baby eh.

Hurrah JEAN! I will learn from your experiments. Vanilla might make it sweet I think. I like the tartness (?) of the Greek yogurt coming through. Liqueur would be delicious! An adult yogurt haha. How about a drop of honey to liquefy the powder before stirring in? I shall have to go out and get myself a pot of Greek yogurt to experiment too :)

What Remains Now said...

So has it occurred to you that your "retirement" location should be Nimbin?

chandra said...

I see it was Jean who mentioned the coffee-flavored Greek yogurt. That does sound delish and excellent move adding the mac nut pieces!

That motel sounds like party central for dogs!
-c at ddy.