Friday, November 19, 2010

Have I met you lately?

The weather has been iffy and no one knows how to dress for the day anymore. Luckily, Mr Thumper and I only have 1 coat that we wear all the time.

My stay-at-home human says it's La Niña's fault that the weather is so awful. I don't know who La Niña is but I wish she'd go away and leave us alone.

The plants like La Niña a lot though.
@ Callan
Last Saturday, on the way to the beach, we saw rose petals on the ground. Probably someone got married or something serious like that.
I don't know who this dog is but she was following the rose petals too.

This is where I had my historic swim!
I've been learning to swim for more than a year now. I was doing okay. Then Winter came and I forgot all about it and got scared when I had to go back into the water again in Spring.

I don't think I'll ever be a labrador and I hope my humans realise this.
Summer is almost here and everything looks beao.o.o.o.otiful!
This is a rude picture and shouldn't be here. There is a serious lack of p.r.o.p.r.i.e.t.y in my family.

This is my favourite picture. I find it very meaningful.

Here are 2 littlies I met this morning. Nutmeg
Milton
We were on our way home when we saw Atlas, Milo and Jack! My out-at-work human was very kind and stopped the car so we could have a game. He did this even knowing he'd be late for work. That's called love.

My out-at-work human may be out of work soon.
I don't know who the brown dog is. Jack isn't in this picture, so here's an old one of him from a few weeks ago.  
I'm afraid it's another picture that shows lack of p.r.o.p.r.i.e.t.y.


It was fun having TWO [2] boys all to myself and I played hard-to-get! Of course, Milo was there too, but she doesn't count because she's too little to have such big boyfriends.


 

Mr Thumper fell into this pond last week. It's not deep but it's stinky and muddy. My stay-at-home human was not happy and neither was Mr Thumper because he had to have a hose down when he got home.

This is a new friend, Cleo.
She's very spotty, but I don't think she has a bacterial infection like what I had. I think she may have been born this way.

Cleo has especially a lot of spots on her face but, unlike some human whose name I won't mention, she doesn't fuss and cry over them. Cleo depends on her personality to get ahead.


Despite the way it looks, I didn't try to eat Cleo. She put her head in my mouth.

@ Punch
This is Buddy and me having a conversation. Buddy is an old friend.

We hadn't seen each other in a while and there was a lot to talk about. We were very loud. We also had a b.o.i.s.t.e.r.o.u.s game and scared all the other dogs in the park.

The pictures are awful because we were too fast, so we won't show you any. I hope I meet Buddy again soon.
This is Josie. She's new to the neighbourhood.
She's only a baby and is pretty. She was rescued from Death Row 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure what Death Row is but it must be quite bad if she needed rescuing.

@ Birrung
You've met Harley before, but you probably don't recognise him.
That's because he's usually blurry or in the dark. This is not fair. Harley's an old friend and deserves better.  So here's another picture of Harley.
 
I've never noticed this before, but Harley has goggly eyes.

Here's a dog you've never seen before. Her name is Charlie.
Charlie is part-Irish like me. We used to meet quite a bit when we were both pups. My stay-at-home human has a "...wouldn't it be lovely?" look on her face whenever she sees Charlie. That's because she wishes I had more facial hair and wiry whiskers like her.

That's silly. I'm A Lady and ladies don't have facial hair and whiskers.
Charlie and me share a stick. Please notice that I have my legs crossed as A Lady should. That's Barney watching. Barney is A Gentleman and knows better than to interrupt 2 Ladies who are busy doing something.

Here's a picture of Poppy hiding under her human's skirt.

She's SUCH a *g.i.r.r.r.l*
Poppy didn't like me calling her names and took me down.

Some of my friends have no sense of h.u.m.o.u.r.
My stay-at-home human thinks Poppy has the cutest nose ever and it always makes her smile to look at it.
I think if SHE had a nose like Poppy's, she'd probably be wearing a paperbag and booking herself in for some serious r.h.i.n.o.p.l.a.s.t.y. But I could just be jealous.

This is a picture of Kody and me trying to eat Delle.
Delle was not at all c.o-o.p.e.r.a.t.i.v.e and would not play dead, so I tried to grab her leg.
Delle's human played dirty and pinned me down instead.
I could have taken him easy, but I didn't because I like him. Even though he called me rō tund′, which is something I will NEVER, EVER forget.
I hope Delle's human has his tetanus shots up-to-date.


@ Ewenton
This is Larry who came to kiss me after my fight with Sammy.
Look, it's Kody! He HATES cameras. Even though he's not doing anything even vaguely interesting here, we have to put this in the blog because it's a rare picture.

@ Elkington
A few days ago, I made another new friend, George.
I really enjoyed our game!
Here, you see me cleverly using my bodyweight to gain an advantage. Unfortunately, despite looking like a sweet family dog, George was no pushover.

I've not written much about going to school lately. Don't worry, I've not dropped out. I intend to be at least as well-educated as Delle, Kody and Poppy.

By some [lucky] coincidence, it's been raining every school day. Last Sunday, it was VERY hot. Only a few of us dedicated dogs turned up for class but it was too hot to learn anything so we just went home.

However, some GOOD NEWS! I've managed to persuade my out-at-work human to teach me how to drive!
My stay-at-home human is not at all pleased but we don't care. I think it's very useful to know how to drive, even more useful than learning how to swim. I'm very excited. You can see how I'm being good and listening to everything my out-at-work human is telling me.

My stay-at-home human hopes Ms Jarolim doesn't see this picture because I told her I'm now riding safely behind a barrier right at the back of the car [which I was until 2 weeks ago].

This is my favourite lesson when I'm at school. It's called Begging For A Treat.
Delle, Poppy, Henry and me. Kody's too fancy to beg.
We are all very good at it.


*I wonder who I'll meet next time!*

***

Oh no!


P.S. My stay-at-home human insists I apologise in case I've been too rude to my friends in this post. Oh, and to total strangers too. I think she feels bad because she realises it may be g.e.n.e.t.i.c. and therefore all her fault that I'm so disagreeable and opinionated. Now that I'm becoming A Lady, maybe I'll be more polite soon. Until then xox

6 comments:

koko said...

I remembered Sammy... boy, you sure have many furiends at the park, Georgia... which is not surprising considering how sweet a lady you are :)

Licks, hero

georgia little pea said...

awww...thank you, hero! i AM a bit of a social butterfly! xox

Kristine said...

You have tons of friends! Party at the dog park! I love meeting everyone and seeing you all have so much fun together. Back when I didn't have a dog I used to wander through the local park anyway, just to watch. It always made me smile.

Thanks for sharing your adventures.

georgia little pea said...

hi kristine, thank YOU for sharing my adventures! :)

simon pender said...

Wow, you pack a lot into one day. It's good to have lots of friends to play with. Daisy just tells EVERYONE off for having fun and playing. She would tell you off too, 'cos she's a grumpy spoilsport.

georgia little pea said...

dear montyandgrumpydaisy,

my human isn't hardworking like yours. she doesn't post my stories everyday. this one's about dogs i met in the last 3 weeks or so. I'm quite energetic but i would probably have died from exhaustion if i met all these dogs in ONE day!

have a great week! xox