Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Things I Am Learning #3

I know how to "Lie Down."
                                               

I also know how to "Sit."







I'm not stupid.
                                            Oh! It's the OTHER way around?

Very often, I hear other words when I'm in this position, like "Stay." and "Wait."

I'm good at "Wait." I don't know why, I just am.

Lately, my stay-at-home human has found more useful things to teach me from the blogs she's been reading.

A new word I've almost mastered is "Ready?"

She uses it when she needs to give me nasty pills, "Ready? Ahhhhh...open mouth."

Or when I'm having a bath and she's about to wash my head. *Brrrr* Can anyone EVER really be ready for that?

She uses it when she wants to clean the mud off my toes after a walk.

And when it's time to put my jammies on, "Ready? Right paw. Left paw."

I must admit it's A Very Useful Word to know and we ALL like it.

My humans also have 2 new favourite words -

"Leave it!" [sometimes used in conjunction with "STOP!"]

They use it when I wonder what they're eating and put my nose in their dinner.

When I bark at them, the cats, or nothing in particular.

When I throw a tantrum [ME? A tantrum? PLEASE!].

When I'm showing Mr Thumper who's boss.
Here, you can see me practising my "Leave it!" with Mr Thumper.

There isn't a day that goes by when I don't hear these words, so I'm going to be very good at it soon.

3 comments:

Chapeuzinho said...

Oh my 2 wee puppies also get:
"I said 'NO'"
"Put. That. Back"
and
"Have you been playing with my keys"
The latter may be too long as it is often greeted with very blank stares...

Anonymous said...

What a good, good girl, JO-JO-Jar!!

georgia little pea said...

dear chapeuzinho - at least your puppies will grow up to make you coffee in bed. i, on the other hand, will never be able to do that for my humans since i have no opposable thumbs.

HANG IN THERE! xox